Guest Post by Kay Kyung Moon,
“He’s checking it once, he’s checking it twice!” No, we’re not talking about Santa, we’re talking about your real estate agent! Every buyer should have a wish list for their home. It’s an excellent exercise in understanding what you and your family want in your home and a great tool to help your agent find the best homes for you.
It’s important that your home’s wish list be more than just bedrooms, bathrooms and square footage. Your home should reflect and support the experiences and memories you hope to achieve while your life unfolds. Here are some questions you can ask yourself as you begin building your home’s wish list.
Think about your lifestyle. What do you enjoy doing at home? Do you entertain a lot of people? How do you spend your time in the evenings and on the weekends?
When people come to your home, what do you want them to say about it?
- Describe your ideal location.
- What is your maximum commute time and distance?
- Are schools important?
- Is there a particular view you are seeking?
- Do you want an old house or a new one?
- Do you have a preference?
- Are you willing to do work on your home, or do you want the house to be in move-in condition?
- What other structures in addition to your home do you want?
- What architectural styles do you like?
- What other exterior features are important to you? Porch, deck, swimming pool?
- Describe your interior style. Is it formal, casual, cozy, traditional or perhaps contemporary?
- What kind of floor plan do you prefer?
- How many bedrooms do you need and how will they be used?
- What features must your kitchen have? Think about your living room likes and dislikes.
- What are the top five things your home should have? Beyond those things, what is your biggest wish of all for your home?
Remember, these are questions to get you thinking about the dream home you can afford now. Not sure how much you can afford? Let us help! Give us a call to start the mortgage pre-approval process.
Please let me take this opportunity to wish you a very Happy Holiday Season!
KYUNG (KAY) MOON
LICENSED ASSOCIATE REAL ESTATE BROKER
DOUGLAS ELLIMAN REAL ESTATE
“The Best Compliment You Can Give Me is a Referral of Your Friends and Family!”
774 BROADWAY, NEW YORK, NY 10003